There will be an evacuation drill and a lockdown drill during summer school. Please teach and practice these procedures with your students so that they will be prepared for each of these drills.
EVACUATION DRILL – There will be an evacuation drill on Wednesday, June 26th at 8:45 a.m.
LOCKDOWN DRILL – There will be a lockdown drill on Thursday, June 27th at 8:45 a.m.
Definition: The act of securing the campus to keep staff
and students “on campus,” and those already not on campus “out.” This drill is necessary for the orderly
management of an incident that could threaten the safety of staff and students.
- An announcement will be made over the PA system. “THIS
IS A LOCKDOWN DRILL, ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO THE NEAREST PROGRAM AREA AND REMAIN INSIDE.”
- CTA summer school staff will lock all doors in their program area and direct students to remain in an area away from windows.
- Instructors will verify that all their students in attendance
that day, are present. (During classroom lockdown instruction, students are to be informed that if they are away from their program area and building during a lockdown that they are to report to the nearest building and program area.)
- Instructors will call the office at 2100 if there are missing students or if they have extra students, and give their names.
- When the drill (or actual emergency) is over, an “all clear” will be announced over the PA system. Students are not to leave the program area, under any circumstances, until the “all clear” is given.
OTHER POSSIBLE EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
In the case of an earthquake, Duck, Cover, and Hold for three minutes.
Evacuate the building in the same manner as for a fire drill. You will be notified whether or not to return to the classroom.