Information Technology Systems, Service and Support (ITS3) is a two year program. The ITS3 program provides core skills and knowledge necessary for entry-level employment in the technology field. The second year program builds on these skills and develops new ones.
The first year focus consists of computer repair, Cisco’s CompTIA A+ curriculum and an introduction to open source operating systems and applications. Microsoft Office applications are available (as part of the Microsoft IT Academy) to include industry related projects using Word, Excel and PowerPoint in the classroom which help demonstrate technical applications of Microsoft Office. Students will be preparing all year to develop professional skills needed to excel in the second year program and participate in the ITS3 Student IT Help Desk supporting all Cascadia Tech programs.
The second year focus consists of networking fundamentals preparing for Cisco’s CCENT and CompTIA Network+ certification, as well as providing help desk support for the Cascadia Tech programs. Students have the opportunity to develop their skills to attain their Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification as part of the Microsoft IT Academy. Students may have the opportunity to participate in industry-driven internships and/or job shadows.
Professionalism is an important aspect of the Information Technology curriculum which focuses on teamwork, communication, career research, and job readiness.
The expected program outcomes for ITS3 students include but are not limited to:
- Training all students in the basics of computer operation, service and support.
- Preparing students for CompTIA A+ certification for building, repairing and troubleshooting computers. (Year 1)
- Provides students with an introduction to LINUX (open source programs)
- Understanding basic electronics as it relates to computer repair (Year 1)
- Safety issues as they relate to ITS3
- Preparing students for the Comp TIA Network + certification and introduction to Cisco Networking (Year 2)
- Preparing students to make the transition to employment in entry level positions or continuing education in the technology field
- 3 High School credits
- Possible high school credit equivalency in science or 3rd year option math. Check out your district’s offerings by going to our website’s programs page and clicking on “Credit Equivalency.”
- Course Competency Certificate
- Entry level job skills
- Preparation for next level of education/training
- Scholarship opportunities
- Successful completion of the program, with a grade of “B” or higher, up to 21 college credits available.
- Microsoft Technical Associate – proctored in class or at MTA Fest at Clark College
- MTA Certifications – In 2015-2016, ITS3 students earned 48 MTA Certifications.
- Windows Operating Fundamentals – changing to Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Optional: Security Fundamentals, Server Administration Fundamentals
- Comp TIA Certifications – discounted vouchers available – proctored at Pearson VUE
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Precision Exams – In 2015-2016, ITS students earned 57 Precisions Certifications.
- 21st Century Skills
- Computer Repair and Maintenance
- Network Fundamentals
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications – In 2015-2016, ITS students earned 6 MOS Certifications.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Information Technology Systems, Service, and Support – Year 1
- Reading proficiency at 10th grade level
- Must have successfully completed Algebra 1 or Integrated Math 1
- Excellent high school attendance record
Information Technology Systems, Service, and Support – Year 2
- Must pass 1st year program with a B grade or better to qualify for 2nd year; limited space available
- Must provide own health insurance to participate in internships
- Must provide own transportation to internship site
- Basic knowledge of keyboarding, Microsoft applications, and use of cloud applications (google docs, One Drive) are recommended.
Note: Upon acceptance into the program, student and parent/guardian are encouraged to participate in the Orientation at the Cascadia Tech Academy.
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Administrator
- Computer Technician
- Equipment Repair Technician
- Application Support
- Internet Technician
- CISCO Technician
- Help Desk/Technical Support
Program Supply List / Student Costs:
Year 1 and 2:
ITS3 embroidered polo shirt approximately $26. Lab fee approximately $35, includes tool kit, jump drive, and consumable supplies used in class. CTSO membership fee (optional) $25. Skills USA club participation fee (optional) $25. Family medical insurance or student accident insurance is required.
One roll of masking tape, 3 black sharpie type pens, blue or black pen.
3-ring binder and spiral notebook and blue or black pen. Year 2 students must provide own transportation to internship site.
Uniform Ordering Information:
To order uniform polo shirt, https://www.designsofallkinds.com/shop/clark-county-skills-center/its3-program-polo-shirt/ and choose ITS3 program polo shirt. Uniform shirt will be distributed in class.
Note: Student accident insurance is available through your sending high school.
If you have concerns regarding these expenses, please see Peggy Leifheit in our Business Office. There are funds available for qualifying students. Ms. Leifheit can be reached at 360-604-1050 ext. 2158 or at email@example.com.