The Aviation Technology program is an entry point into a multitude of careers in the aerospace industry, including Airline Pilot, Aerospace Engineer, Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator (Remote Pilot), Air Traffic Controller, Aviation Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Assembler. Students will have the opportunity to earn a private pilot ground school certificate, as well as other technical certifications. The program offers both one- and two-year pathways into the aviation industry. These courses combine a broad foundation in aviation science with hours of hands-on flight simulation and with practical experience in unmanned aircraft systems, electronics, and aerospace design and construction processes.
Course Curriculum Includes:
- Private Pilot Ground School (FAA Approved)
- Aviation Safety and Human Factors
- Aviation History and Careers
- Basic Aerodynamics
- Aviation Weather
- Basic Flight Instruction (Simulators)
- Introduction to Aircraft Systems
- Aerospace Environment & Decision Making
- Intro to Navigation and Flight Planning
- Aerospace Engineering Design Process
- National Airspace System
- Professionalism/Leadership Skills
- Flight Simulation and Instruction
- Advanced Aircraft Systems
- Electronics and Avionics
- Aluminum Airframe Construction
- Advanced Aerodynamics
- Astronautics & Aerospace Design
- Advanced Navigation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Career Planning and Preparation
- Aviation Safety
- Up to 40 college credits towards an aviation degree
- 3 high school credits each year
- High school credit equivalency (1.0 lab science and 1.0 math at the discretion of the sending school district)
- Flight instruction utilizing FAA-approved Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Preparation for both post-secondary education and skilled-labor jobs
- Exclusive scholarship opportunities
- Leadership and competition opportunities
- Competency certificate
Industry Certifications and Training Opportunities:
- OSHA 10 (year 1)
- Private Pilot Ground School (year 1)
- FAA knowledge test endorsement (Private Pilot: year 1)
- FAA Remote Pilot certification (year 2)
- Basic Electronics certification (year 2)
- Student Pilot License (year 1 or 2)
- 21st Century Skills certification (year 1 or 2)
Aviation Technology I:
- Reading and writing proficiency – 10th grade level
- Passed Algebra 1 with a “B-” grade or better both semesters
- Excellent attendance record
Aviation Technology II:
- Passed Aviation Technology 1 with a “B” or better both semesters. The second year program is a competitive placement program.
- On track to complete Aviation Technology 1 with less than 12 absences.
Note: Prerequisites may be waived upon instructor and administrator review. Also, upon acceptance into the program, student and parent/guardian are required to attend the orientation at Cascadia Technical Academy.
Numerous local and national aviation organizations.
- Professional Pilot
- Aerospace Engineer
- Remote Pilot (Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator)
- Air Traffic Control
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- Aircraft Assembler
Credit Equivalencies and College Credit:
Click here to learn more about credit equivalencies.
Click here to learn more about the articulation agreements and college credits available for each program.
Program Supply List/Student Cost:
CTA programs require that uniforms, supplies, and other program specific related items be purchased prior to the first day of school. To access the list of this program’s uniform, supply and other program related costs please click here.
Note: It is recommended that all students attending Cascadia Technical Academy have medical insurance. Family medical insurance or student accident insurance is required for students participating in internships or clinicals. Student accident insurance is available through the sending high school.
If you have concerns regarding these expenses, please see Melissa Downing. There are funds available for qualifying students. Ms. Downing can be reached at 360-604-1062 or at Melissa.Downing@evergreenps.org. Ms. Downing is available during the school year when school is in session.